Monday, July 6, 2009

Healthy Mom = Better Mom

I have come to realize more and more how important it is to be healthy and in shape in order to be a good mom to an active little boy! Weston and Lukas keep me so busy and tired already, and they aren't even in school yet! Some of the goals I have already been working on are helping with this (eating dinner at home every night, eating more fruits and veggies, and taking a vitamin), but in order to push the efforts along Andy and I are doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I am not even remotely interested in posting my current weight and measurements, but after my thirty days (if I can stick to it....I mean when I stick to it!) I will post how much I lost and all that good stuff.

Tonight was our first night of the 30 Day Shred and let me tell you it is HARD! My legs and arms are like jelly :o) The scary part is that I have to do it again tomorrow night!!! Wish me luck friends ;o)

2 comments:

  1. awesome. . .I love Gillian, but she scares me too! Kudos to you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. It is super hard, but at least it is doable. Andy has the Biggest Loser video and I can't even get through the warm up on that one. It's all lunges and squats and it makes me want to cry in the first 5 minutes! This one was perfect though---hard enough to be a huge challenge, but not so hard it wasn't even possible!

    ReplyDelete