Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cutest Cupcakes Ever!!!

These rainbow cupcakes are sooo cute! And I can totally see the endless possibilities....Superbowl cupcakes with the team colors, school bake sale with the team colors, all the holiday colors, etc...

I followed the cake recipe on this blog, but I think you could probably just follow the directions on a white cake mix box. Then divide the batter into five small bowls (for the rainbow I used five colors, but you could do less colors), and add some of the gel food colors to each one. To get these super bright vibrant colors make sure you use the gel colors (like Wilton) that come in the clear plastic containers with the white screw on lids. I got mine at Michael's, but I saw them at Wal - Mart too.

Mine turned out okay for my first attempt. I did put way too much batter into each cupcake though. I also am not the most talented with the frosting tools...this was only my second attempt and the frosting was too warm and melted instead of being a pretty poofy top. Oh well, cute anyway :o)



Sorry for the not so great photography...I am not talented at picture taking :o)



If you want to see these cupcakes looking even cuter than my pictures, go to the blog link I posted above and look at her pictures. They are stinkin adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment