Monday, April 19, 2010

Weston's New Art Display

I have been such a bad blogger this last week. Sorry friends!!! I promise to do better. I have a few projects lined up (two already completed and a few in progress) and of course some pictures of my adorable munchkins!

This was our project for this past weekend. I went out Friday night to hit up some craft stores and decided I wanted to do a project over the weekend, so I hit up Home Depot too. This is what we came away with. I LOVE it! And so does Weston =)

First things first, you need some wood. I used the wood trim because it was a smoother finish and really thin. I am too lazy to sand and I wanted it pretty flat on the wall. Just have the Home Depot guys cut it for you. No charge. Easy as pie. My two pieces are 4 feet each.

Spray paint your boards whatever color you choose. Be sure to get the ends and sides! While it's drying, get your clothespins (we used the mini ones) and paint them. After they dried I mod podged the scrapbooking paper to the clothespin. Before attaching the paper, I inked the edges...just cause it prettier =)

Using some sort of strong glue, I used E6000, attach the clothespins at equal intervals. I have 11 clothespins (6 on bottom, 5 on top) and each pin is 4 inches apart. Make sure you attach the top pins so that the opening is facing up. This way you can display art on top and bottom of the board.

When hanging your board, just find the studs and use some nails to attach it to the wall. Afterward you can easily use some paint to cover up the nail heads. I got a little excited taking pictures and didn't do that yet, but I will!

We love it! As soon as it was done Weston ran out to his little craft table and found every single piece of "art" he had...in other words, any paper with a scribble of any sort on it! Such a cute kid!!! He came home from church on Sunday and immediately wanted to hang up his project from nursery.

In case you were curious, this project was super cheap! I paid about $8 for the wood (which you could get cheaper), about $2.50 for the clothespins and I already had the glue, paper and paint. Ten dollars for an awesome art display! Sold =)

5 comments:

  1. NICE!!! i am so copying u!! jershon totally needs it..right now he has artwork on his wall..except mommy tape them using the OH GHETTO scotchtape... so im totally coming to ur house and checking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea


    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute way to display precious art! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I need a whole wall of these in my house! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by guys =) And Stephanie, I do too! Mine was filled the first day!

    Drena come on over and I will show you how to make these. Easy as pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! This is a really cool idea! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete