Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Weston

Finally, only 2.5 months late, we have pictures of Weston's birthday party =)
This year, Weston's birthday was on a Tuesday. So we had his party on the following Saturday and had a mini celebration on that day. Andy's birthday is the same day as Weston's so we kinda did Andy's too. He was working a lot so I don't even remember what we did special for him? oops, bad wife =)

Anyway, for his actual birthday gift, Weston got this super cool "cars go fast" tent. He loves it so much! Bonus - it was a bug hit at the party too....which may or may not be the sole reason he actually got that tent before his party =)

Just to show ya how much these boys love their tent. They actually lay it on it's side so they can climb in the bottom, not the flap that was created as the opening. Please excuse Lukas' love of goldfish and lack of picture etiquette!

OK, on to the party. Apparently we didn't get any pictures until we started the cake and presents about 1 - 1.5 hours into the party. oops! In our defense, it was pretty crazy! We couldn't really plan his party at a park (because we had no clue what the weather would be like) and I am way too cheap to pay to have a party somewhere. So our apartment was the chosen spot. We could have invited less kids, but Weston was very determine about which kids he wanted to be there. In the end we had 24 people in our little apartment!!! 12 adults and 12 kids...although two of those kids were under 1. It was crazy, but soo fun!


Here is the evil cake. He wanted a "cars go fast" cake. I said but how cool would it be if it was a cake that just had cars on it...no mommy I want a cars go fast cake. Boo! I really don't mind working with fondant, but I need to take some cake decorating classes before his next birthday! The tips and the frosting are hard =) So yeah, there's the cake...in case you were wondering the road and "desert" are made of fondant, and the sand is crushed graham crackers.

He loved his cake, but apparently he does not love us singing to him =)

Present time! More craziness =) Weston had lots of help opening his presents!

And Lukas got passed around in an attempt to keep him from getting trampled. He is with my brother Mathew in the other picture, and in this one, that's our friend Matt Sherwood. He loves little munchkins so we regularly hand Lukas off to him =)

More presents!!!

The Sherwood family! We miss you!!!

And now, just because I can...this is the banner I made for his party. The circles are made out of cardboard from a cereal box, then I glued Cars wrapping paper on top. The letters and numbers I found in the poster making section at Target. I was too lazy to make my own =) After gluing it all on, I sealed it with mod podge. And if you have been to my house at all in the last three months you have seen this, because for some strange reason I have yet to take it down! I should probably get on that =)



There is actually something missing from these pictures....but that birthday surprise deserves its' own post!

1 comment:

  1. You're too hard on yourself. The cake was adorable and it was such a fun party. So sad I missed the blog giveaway. I had to make a pizza last night to console myself. Love Allie

    ReplyDelete