Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goal Update and Progress Check

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but on the left column I have a running list of general goals that I/we are working on. I decided today they needed a little update :o) I erased a few, because I felt they were pretty much accomplished (family prayer, use coupons, finding more projects, etc...). I also added a few. Last night for FHE, Andy and I were talking about some goals for ourselves and our family. We came up with a month long goal for the two of us, and two for our family.

For us, we made a goal to not say anything negative about each other (to others) or to be critical to each other, and to also go ut of our way to say or do one nice thing each day. I think we have been so stressed out lately we forgot to make sure we put effort into us as well as our kids and other stuff.

For our family, we are attempting to make it more routine and automatic to do FHE every week. So for now we are going to skip the whole idea of a lesson (and that added stress) and just make a plan to spend time together doing something special as a family every Monday night. That might be taking a walk, making cookies, having a picnic, playing outside, doing a craft together, etc... The idea is that ever though they are profound things, they are something for us ALL to do, without a TV or computer :o)

We also created a new morning routine that will allow us to have breakfast as a family and read scriptures together during breakfast. We have really struggled with scripture study in our house, so I think by sitting down to breakfast together daily, we won't have to worry about finding a time to study. It will be built into our schedule :o)

So those are our new goals. It seems like we are always finding new things to work on....any new goals for you guys?

Next post = Food storage update! You have to see this :o)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I think your goals are awesome. You would be so proud of me - last week I made a chore schedule for myself. I scheduled to clean one area of the house each day, and so far it has gone pretty well. Not perfect, but it is definitely an improvement! And it makes me feel better about myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I want to come live at your house... it sounds so organized and you always have the yummiest meal plans. Soooo, going to the park anytime soon? Sorry I had to miss the last Mother's group. Love Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are way too nice to me! I said these were goals and those are my meal plans....it doesn't mean I accomplish it!

    Hilary...you know my house wasn't nice today!

    Allie - Emma prusch farm is going ot be next I think, but I have a full month of stuff planned for October. I am having the mos tfun planning a halloween picnic/party for everyone!

    ReplyDelete