So dinner tonight was soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, but for Andy I tried a recipe for Baked Potato Soup. Andy gave it 4 stars and his only suggestions were that I use Sharp Cheddar (it calls for Cheddar, but I only had Colby Jack) and that it needed more pepper (which he totally could have added to his bowl, but whatever ;o). If you try it, let me know what you think.
Baked Potato Soup (courtesy of Our Best Bites)
4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
6 cups 1% milk
1 1/4 c. cheddar, divided
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 c. light sour cream
3/4 c. chopped green onions, divided (I didn't use these, because Andy is not a fan)
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Bake your potatoes just like normal. Remove the skins and break the potato into small bite size pieces (I did this the night before, just threw them in the oven with our french fries)
2. Place flour into a large pot and gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, but do NOT bring to a full boil!
3. Add potatoes, 3/4 c. cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese melts and remove from heat.
4. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 c. onions.
5. Cook over low heat until soup is heated thoroughly. Again, this is a recipe where you have to be vigilant--don't let it boil and don't let it burn the bottom of the pot.
6. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bacon, remaining cheese, and green onions.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment