I have two recipes to review for you tonight. One is a yummy dessert and the other "recipe" is actually a lemon sugar hand scrub. Not food, but still awesome!
Strawberry Sorbet
(from Our Best Bites)
1lb. strawberries (washed, hulled, and chopped)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
pinch of salt
Put chopped strawberries and sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar begins to dissolve. Let sit for an hour, stirring often.
Add lemon and salt, then blend in the blender. Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and follow your machines directions.
Or if, you are like me and you lost those a long time ago, just guess how it should work =)
We really liked this, but for me, it was a little too sweet. I like sweet strawberries, but I like that little bit of tart too. For me, there wasn't enough tart. I will make again, but use less sugar.
I think I want to try to figure out a recipe to make Strawberry Lemon(ade) sorbet. Wouldn't that be awesome! Yum =)
Anyway, like I said, it was good. To see the original post on Our Best Bites, click here.
***********
Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
(from Under the Table and Dreaming)
1 cup olive oil
2 and 1/2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
Begin by mixing the olive oil and sugar in a bowl.
Add in the 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice.
With this mixture I was able to fill (3) 8 oz mason jars.
This stuff works really well! But seriously people, you only need a TINY bit each time you use it. Not because of the sugar scrubby-ness, but the olive oil. The olive oil is an awesome moisturizer and perfect in this scrub, but if you use too much your hands will just feel slimy. I feel slimy enough with two toddlers, I don't need a hand scrub to do it for me =)
For Under the Table and Dreaming's post on this scrub, click here.
She also has a body scrub I can't wait to try!
If you try it, let me know how you like it! Of course, if you come to my house, you can just use my hand scrub ;o)
Strawberry Sorbet
(from Our Best Bites)
1lb. strawberries (washed, hulled, and chopped)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
pinch of salt
Put chopped strawberries and sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar begins to dissolve. Let sit for an hour, stirring often.
Add lemon and salt, then blend in the blender. Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and follow your machines directions.
Or if, you are like me and you lost those a long time ago, just guess how it should work =)
We really liked this, but for me, it was a little too sweet. I like sweet strawberries, but I like that little bit of tart too. For me, there wasn't enough tart. I will make again, but use less sugar.
I think I want to try to figure out a recipe to make Strawberry Lemon(ade) sorbet. Wouldn't that be awesome! Yum =)
Anyway, like I said, it was good. To see the original post on Our Best Bites, click here.
***********
Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
(from Under the Table and Dreaming)
1 cup olive oil
2 and 1/2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
Begin by mixing the olive oil and sugar in a bowl.
Add in the 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice.
With this mixture I was able to fill (3) 8 oz mason jars.
This stuff works really well! But seriously people, you only need a TINY bit each time you use it. Not because of the sugar scrubby-ness, but the olive oil. The olive oil is an awesome moisturizer and perfect in this scrub, but if you use too much your hands will just feel slimy. I feel slimy enough with two toddlers, I don't need a hand scrub to do it for me =)
For Under the Table and Dreaming's post on this scrub, click here.
She also has a body scrub I can't wait to try!
If you try it, let me know how you like it! Of course, if you come to my house, you can just use my hand scrub ;o)

No comments:
Post a Comment