This past week a friend of mine asked for my banana muffin recipe. No big deal right...um I think that is the first time someone has sought me out for a recipe!!! Kind of exciting for this cook in training here!
Anyway, after she asked me about it, I realized I never put it on here. I think it's time to share.
This recipe is adapted from my mother in law's banana bread recipe. I think banana bread is so impossible to cook, and the whole squishie factor just grosses me out. My munchkins love these muffins...especially my little banana loving monkey (aka Lukas)!
Banana Muffins
Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1.5 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 Tbsp. milk
1 c. bananas (mashed or blended)
1/2 c. shortening
For the shortening, I use oil. But I always do at least 1/2 of the amount in applesauce. What I like to do is get my 1/2 c. measuring cup out and fill it about 3/4 full with applesauce, then top it off with oil. If you use applesauce, it makes the muffins much stickier so be sure to use a paper liner.
Ok, moving on...
Directions:
1. preheat oven to 350-375
2. dump all the ingredients in the bowl and blend
(isn't it fun when the directions aren't asking you to dirty five different bowls and sift all your ingredients?!)
3. fill cupcake liners and bake for about 12 minutes
I am sure we all know to just do the whole toothpick trick!
These are really yummy and can be kept around the house for a week or so. A word of caution though, if you use mostly applesauce (in place of oil) the stickiness will get worse the longer you store them. By the 5th day or so, the liners become almost impossible to get off. So I guess if you want to be healthy make sure can eat them in 3-4 days =)
If you try them, let me know what you think!
Anyway, after she asked me about it, I realized I never put it on here. I think it's time to share.
This recipe is adapted from my mother in law's banana bread recipe. I think banana bread is so impossible to cook, and the whole squishie factor just grosses me out. My munchkins love these muffins...especially my little banana loving monkey (aka Lukas)!
Banana Muffins
Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1.5 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 Tbsp. milk
1 c. bananas (mashed or blended)
1/2 c. shortening
For the shortening, I use oil. But I always do at least 1/2 of the amount in applesauce. What I like to do is get my 1/2 c. measuring cup out and fill it about 3/4 full with applesauce, then top it off with oil. If you use applesauce, it makes the muffins much stickier so be sure to use a paper liner.
Ok, moving on...
Directions:
1. preheat oven to 350-375
2. dump all the ingredients in the bowl and blend
(isn't it fun when the directions aren't asking you to dirty five different bowls and sift all your ingredients?!)
3. fill cupcake liners and bake for about 12 minutes
I am sure we all know to just do the whole toothpick trick!
These are really yummy and can be kept around the house for a week or so. A word of caution though, if you use mostly applesauce (in place of oil) the stickiness will get worse the longer you store them. By the 5th day or so, the liners become almost impossible to get off. So I guess if you want to be healthy make sure can eat them in 3-4 days =)
If you try them, let me know what you think!

No comments:
Post a Comment