Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recipe Review - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


I have been itching to try this recipe for awhile, so once I found out I was having a few friends over I decided that today was the day. What are friends for if they can't be guinea pigs for your new recipes :o) Everyone really liked these (either that or they lied because they wanted to be nice), even the kids! I split the recipe in half and used one box of vanilla cake mix and one box of spice mix. Surprisingly the spice mix seemed to be the favorite. Also, my husband actually said he liked them better with no chocolate chips. I think next time we make them, I will skip the chocolate chips and put cream cheese frosting on a few. If you use chocolate chips, I would use a little less....there seemed to be quite a few chocolate chips.

Recipe -


2 boxes Spice Cake Mix

2 and 2/3 cup pumpkin

12 oz chocolate chips


bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Voila :o)


Here is a link to the original post on Our Best Bites. Enjoy!
P.S. That picture is not mine. I wish I had that camera and ability to take pictures :o(

3 comments:

  1. oooohhh- let me know when you make the ones with cream cheese frosting! I think they were both great and they did NOT have too many chocolate chips! Is that even possible?? love Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm. There was no lie from my lips! I loved them! And I agree with Allie on the chocolate chips. :-) Thanks for having us over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha thanks guys! Andy was the one who said too many chocolate chips, and since I didn't eat them I thought maybe he was right. I stand corrected......Andy is just weird ;o)

    Allie when we make them again, I will share. Andy certainly can't eat them all. Speaking of, since he doesn't appreciate the chocolate chips maybe he doesn't deserve this batch :o)

    Hilary - thanks for coming. It was fun. Such an easy way to pass the afternoon. I am up for it anytime!

    ReplyDelete