Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Projects

Just a couple of last minute Halloween projects....


Here is Weston's hobby horse. I think it turned out pretty good. The only thing that REALLY bugs me is the shape of the horses nose....it looks like an anteater to me :o)

See, not too bad...right?


Our spider web cupcakes. They were actually pumpkin muffins, with cream cheese frosting. I think they turned out super cute. If you are looking for a pumpkin muffin recipe, this is just about as easy as it gets :o)

Combine -
1 pack of Spice Cake Mix
1 can of pumpkin (approx 1 1/3 cup or a 15 oz can)

Bake in a muffin tin at about 350 until no goo is on the toothpick and you are done. You can add chocolate chips to the batter/mix or (and?) add cream cheese frosting to the top.

To do the spiderweb design, frost the tops, then pipe a pinwheel shape on the top in a contrasting color. Take a toothpick and drag it from the middle to the outside. Do about for that way, then about 4 more in the opposite direction (from outside to in)....be sure to alternate directions to get that fun shape.

Hope you all had a great Halloween :o)

1 comment:

  1. Your horse looks awesome! I bought some spice cake, but haven't made the muffins yet! I should- they are so easy! and I love the spiderweb- maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete