Monday, November 9, 2009

Advent Calendar

I want to make an Advent calendar this year for Weston....the only problem is there are SOO many cute ideas I can't decide which one I want to make. Seriously, why is this such a dilemma for me??!!! So I am going to post some pictures and you guys get to tell me which ones you like best :o) There really are a ton of fabulous ideas!


I feel like this is kinda plain for kids, but I like the idea of the ornaments instead of candy. (This is just a pic of one that was for sale at Pottery Barn, so no link for it :o)

This one looks gorgeous, but I am not sure it's the best for a little guy like Weston. Seems like it might not be exciting enough?

I saw this in the Michael's ad. I like the way the boxes or jars are on a wreath instead of a big square....

So cute...thank you Martha Stewart ;o)

Classic, simple but still fun and cute....


A lot of work, but I like that it is super obvious what it is, and it's big enough to be exciting for a little guy....but it would cost more to make and not as cute in the grand scheme of Christmas and Home decor. KWIM???

Super cheap and easy to make...and could use it again as it is a generic countdown calendar. But that kinda takes the fun out of an advent calendar. Right?

If you haven't seen these, they are actually mini muffin pans. They have 24 muffin holes and you use magnets to keep the paper on. Inside each square is a bit of candy or treat of some kind. Again a lot of supplies needed and would take awhile to make. It's pretty darn cute though....and would be easy to store and re-use the next year.

So....which do you like the best? Or do you have a different idea for me? Even though it's a few weeks until December a few of these projects would take awhile to complete. Help me decide!!!!!


P.S. Pictures are now links to source of idea and/or tutorials.

5 comments:

  1. Can I just say how mad I am at you right now - LOL I love advent calendars and now I am going to have to make at least one of those and I am horribly untalented when it comes to crafts.

    The muffin pan one is my favorite followed by the one with the different shaped boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the stocking one! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stocking one too! It is my favorite. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the stocking and felt one just because you could reuse them every year

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the little boxes one (different shaped boxes) and my second favorite is the stockings.

    ReplyDelete