Sunday, June 14, 2009

Spicy Honey Chicken = YUM!

Here is a recipe we tried a week or two ago, and thought it was OK, but we tweaked it a little bit and holy cow was it good :o) I got the original from Our Best Bites (link to blog on my blog list)

Spicy Honey Chicken

Rub -

2 t Garlic Powder

2 t Chili Powder


1 t Salt


1 t Cumin


1/2 t Paprika (this is half of the paprika the original version called for, but it was too much for us)


1/2 t cayenne pepper


4 large breasts or 6-8 thighs (chicken of course ;o)




Glaze
-

6 T Honey


2 t Apple Cider Vinegar




(When we made this, we only used one large chicken breast and cut the rub in half. If you aren't making a lot of chicken be sure to cut the rub recipe or only use a portion of it. You can also cut the cayenne pepper if you really don't like spicy stuff. I don't think it is too spicy and like I said, my two year old eats it.)




Toss chicken in rub, making sure to get chicken completely coated. I am too impatient so I just rub it in and skip the tossing. Brush oil on both sides of chicken and place on the grill. You can do this in your oven on a broiler pan, but I will tell you it is WAY better on the grill. Cook chicken a few minutes on each side. When it is mostly done, add the honey/vinegar mixture to the chicken. Coat liberally on each side. The honey will carmelize and be soo yummy! You can also drizzle a little glaze on the chicken after you take it off the grill.


By the way not only did Andy and I love this, but it passed the Weston test! Weston loved this chicken....Hallelujah!

Follow this link to Our Best Bites blog to see the changes they made and a picture of the chicken. Ours looked just like the picture, but I would have never thought to take a picture of my food before I ate it. It smelled and looked so good, I don't think Andy could have waited that long :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment