I would rate this 4 out of 5 stars.
Again, I got this from Our Best bites blog...it is definitely my current favorite :o) I think the recipe was pretty good, but nothing to get super excited about. Know what I mean?
I would say though, even though it is a grilled/broiled type food, don't think of this as a typical bbq food. We made it with corn on the cob and baked beans, but I think it is much more like chinese food and next time I will make it with steamed rice and veggies.
Sweet and Savory Flank Steak
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 Tbsp Ginger (fresh is best for this recipe!)
4-5 garlic cloves - minced
----up to 2 lbs of flank steak----
Combine first 6 ingredients for the marinade. Whisk together until combined. Remove 1/4 cup and set aside.
Score flank steak with a knife diagonally on both sides. This just means to run a sharp knife through it in the pattern below. You don't want to actually cut through the steak, just lightly score- like 1/8 inch- into it. This will help tenderize the meat.
Place steak in large ziploc bag and pour marinade (excluding the 1/4 C you set aside) over it. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Take out of fridge 30 minutes before grilling.
Place steak on grill and cook for 5-10 minutes per side, depending on the size. Use the 1/4 C marinade you set aside to brush over steak in the last few minutes of grilling. (That's a little trick I use for pretty much any meat that has a marinade just to splash it with an extra punch of flavor at the end)
Flank steak should still be pink in the middle when done. Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting so the juices can redistribute. Always cut flank steak against the grain, in thin slices to serve.
**** A reminder (to give credit where credit is due) this recipe comes from Our Best Bites blog. For a direct link to this recipe on their blog, click here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment