Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Cars go fast"

Weston loves everything that has anything to do with Cars (the disney movie)...the funny thing is he doesn't call it Cars he calls it "cars go fast". It's cute :o)

Anyway, Weston will be 3 on Tuesday and we are doing a small party for him and his friends. I was not in the mood to make anything cool on the computer like these or a cute paper invite, so I caved and bought the boring ones from the party store.

It killed me not to have something cute to give, so I adapted this idea and made it my own.


I think they turned out really well and wasn't hard at all. I think the hardest part was that once I sealed it I couldn't look inside to see how it all turned out! LOL!

I asked one of my friends who understands my craziness and she told me that the invite got a little stuck to the glue, but the rest of it was totally fine. Her son even played with the can for awhile after opening it.


In case you were wondering, I decoupaged red cardstock, a strip of the racing paper, then the image of Lightning McQueen was cut out of wrapping paper. Mine has the invitation inside, plus a piece of tissue paper filled with some red, white and black M&Ms and a few Cars stickers. Pretty exciting!!!

5 comments:

  1. They turned out so so so cute! My invitation wasn't stuck in glue. Your dinner menu sounds so good. I'll have to maybe take note of which days to "drop by". Love Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Allie =) You might want to double check to make sure I actually cook what I plan ;o) Last night I made dinner for other people and ordered pizza for us ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa! I didn't know you had a blog! I love it, you are so creative! And yes, it is the place by Target. We got the courage to give it a go a few weeks ago and LOVE it!!! It's super good, HUGE, but not filling, and only like, 80 calories per serving. I've loved each flavor I've tried so far, they taste like the real thing. Definitely try it next time! It's a weird place with weird signage (do check it out...really great translations!) but awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just read more, and all this coupon stuff intrigues me and yet goes over my head. Would you be willing to like, teach me? Maybe a class (ie girls night)? You have got some mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Kim, it is super confusing at first. I started all the couponing late spring/early summer this last year, and I still have a hard time sometimes! I would totally teach you...it's really fun and a great way for me to build food storage without spending a ton of money (on stuff I would eat anyway =)

    I don't know how many people would be interested in a class, but I would teach whoever wants to learn!

    ReplyDelete