I really wanted to post a picture from the magazine website, but its not on their site! You'll just have to deal with my explanation instead....
So it was a wreath (just like mine), but it was on a dowel and "planted" in a cute metal pail with some easter grass covering the floral foam. It was really cute! Next time you are in the grocery store waiting to check out, flip through the magazine so you can see what I'm talking about ;o)
This is what inspired my wreath. Reality is, I tried but my wreath was to heavy and kept toppling over. Oh well, I actually like it better my way!
Ta Da!
This was pretty easy to make. All you need is:
- a medium sized embroidery hoop
- lots of peeps (I used about 25 total)
- hot glue gun and sticks
- Ribbon to hang
- Optional: Some sort of spray sealant
It works best to go ahead and glue your peeps on while they are stuck together (in their little clump of 5). Then add a little glue to the sides of the peep on the end so it sticks tight to the next set of peeps. Does that make sense?
Make sure you attach your ribbon first!!! I wasn't planning to hang it, so I finished my wreath, then had to rip off two peeps to put the ribbon. Oops. Good thing I had extra peeps!!
If you choose to, spray it with your sealant, let it dry and hang it so everyone can admire your hard work!
If you make one, I wanna see it!
P.S. Before I saw this magazine, I had never seen a peep wreath. When googling pictures (in an attempt to find the one from the magazine) I found lots of different peeps wreaths! Square ones, multi colored ones, ones with the bunnies, etc... If you like the idea, but not mine, start googling cause there are many options. So far I like mine the best ;o)



No comments:
Post a Comment