Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Garland

If you are looking for a cute, easy and cheap way to decorate this year, here's a great project!  I got this idea from one of my favorite blogs, eighteen25This is the post where she shows what she made.  I was reading it going hmm, I wonder if my target easter eggs have those same holes?  I ran to check immediately and....hooray!  They had the magic holes. 



Anyway, so I threaded three eggs and then two large white pompoms.  I used the most giant needle I had in my stash of random needles.  I couldn't tell you what kind of needle it was...it was just a giant one =)

I used the super skinny ribbon to thread mine, mostly because I was nervous that thread wouldn't be strong enough.  I don't think you need ribbon, but regular thread probably isn't strong enough...maybe use a couple strands of embroidery thread? 

After I thread all the eggs and pom poms, I just taped the loose ends to the top of my bookcase.  I really like it!  Here's another shot up close...and yes I know it's crooked, I really wanted to get up close for you guys!



Oh and if you love that Easter printable as much as I do, you can also find that on eighteen25.  They do these printables for every holiday!  Or at least they have ever since I started following them =)  Just a tip...I am too cheap to pay for these to be printed at a photo shop, so I just print them on a regular 8.5x11 sheet of paper.  then I trim an inch or so off the bottom and just about 1/4 inch from each side.  It fits perfectly in an 8x10 frame and I think it looks great!

P.S. I know my bookshelf cubby thing looks sadly empty, but I promise I have plans to make it look pretty!  It used to be in my bedroom holding all kinds of random stuff and we decided to move it out here...now I have to find a way to make it useful as a storage space but looks pretty at the same time.  Yikes!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment