So, I know I haven't posted in forever, but I needed to get this written down for some friends. I was trying to explain the diaper deals on Amazon and it just wasn't sinking in. Maybe it was our 7 kids running wild in the background that made it a bit challenging =)
The sizes that seem to be dicussed most often were Huggies size 4 and Pampers size 6. Friend J is buying Pampers in the big box from Target, and almost everyone else I know buys Huggies from Costco. Here is the breakdown on what you/they are paying per diaper.
Costco
Huggies Sung and Dry size 4 - 200 ct. ~ $42 = 21 cents/diaper
Minus the coupon from this month ~ $36 = 18 cents/diaper
Target
Pampers Baby Dry size 6 - 108 ct ~ $35 = 32 cents/diaper
Now I know sometimes there are sales and coupons and all that, but this is just basic pricing breakdown.
Now for Amazon. First I'll show you the pricing and then I will give details on how to do it.
***S&S = Subscribe and Save discount***
Amazon
Huggies Snug and Dry size 4 - 140 ct ~ 33.59
- 10.08 (S & S)
23.51 = 17 cents/diaper
Or if you have the coupon ~ 33.59
- 10.08 (S& S)
- 6.72 (20% off code)
16.79 = 12 cents/diaper
With both of the coupons ~ 33.59
- 10.08 (S & S)
- 6.72
- 6.72
10.07 = 7 cents/diaper
Pampers Baby Dry size 6 - 128 ct ~ $41
- 12.30 (s & s)
28.70 = 22 cents/diaper
With one coupon ~ $41
- 12.30 (S & S)
- 8.20 (20% off coupon)
$20.50 = 16 cents/diaper
With two coupons ~ $41
- 12.30
- 8.20
- 8.20
$12.30 = about 10 cents/diaper
Ok, now for how to make this happen. It may sound confusing at first, but I promise, it's not!!!
First, sign up for an Amazon account, if you haven't already.
Next, go here and sign up for Amazon mom. It's free, and it takes about two seconds. By signing up you get two months free prime shipping and the 30% subscribe and dave discount. Every time you buy $25 worth of merchandise from the Baby section, they will add another month of free primse shipping to your account. Awesome =)
Find some coupons! These coupons come on a bright green piece of cardstock in various parenting magazines. If you don't subscribe to any, check out your Babies R Us. I have found codes in the free magazines at Babies R Us! The free magazines are called American Baby and Baby Talk, and they are usually found at the desk where you make your baby registry. You can also sign up for a free subscription for these magazines, click on the magazine name listed above to go to the subscription page.
Now you are ready to order, but here are a few "rules" you need to keep in mind:
1 - There are two types of codes, they start with either a YT or a YJ. You CAN combine a YT code and a YJ code on the same order, you CANNOT combine two YT or two YJ on the same order.
2 - codes are one time use only.
3 - Each type of code can only be used once per month on your amazon account. If you end up with extra codes, you can set up another Amazon account. You can use the same mailing address, credit card, etc..., you just need a different email address.
4 - These codes are only good on diapers, but the Subscribe and Save discount is good on baby wipes as well.
5 - Remember, by signing up for Subscribe and Save, you are giving them permission to deliver the same order again. If you are using coupons, you will need to cancel your subscribe and save so that you can use coupons on your next order as well. I usually set my next delivery at 6 months, so I have plenty of time to remember to cancel. Don't worry, you can resubscribe and cancel the same thing repeatedly =)
So that is my SUPER long explanation of how to get this deal. If you are used to coupons and Amazon, I am sure you think my post was excessive, but I think couponing can seam daunting to some and it makes it easier to have it really broken down. If you have any questions, let me know! Good luck and happy diaper buying!!!
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for posting this Melissa!! I'm going to start using Amazon now because of this! Now I'm trying to figure out if I should sign up for parenting mag- it's only $12 for a year- is that worth it?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm not opposed to Huggies- I've just always used Pampers. That's what they put little E in when he was in the NICU so we just stuck with it.